Metapop - Taking on #Trailblazer - Part 1


Metapop - Taking on #Trailblazer
Part 1



Well - As some of you may already know, I took part in a Metapop challenge called "Kinetic Toys". You can find my submission here:


As of the 03rd of March, this challenge is still in judging - so I don't know if I won or not.
I also took part in another challenge called "Basement Era". I did not create a video for it and not a blog post either, but you can find my Submission on Metapop as well.

This challenge is still in judging as well. - I will edit these posts as soon as results are in. – promised!
The status quo is I took part in two challenges so far – one documented with a blogpost and a video on YouTube, the other one just for Metapop (I haven’t even shared Basement Era on Facebook either…). For this time, I decided to share my process of taking part in another Metapop challenge with you, as this process is not only like filling out a form and submitting it, but rather more about asking questions and making decisions throughout the process of creation.

The challenge I chose:


For this time, I chose to take part in the competition: “Remix this #115 – Trailblazer” to which I will refer as just #Trailblazer from now on. Why did I choose this one? I don’t really know actually. I just found the title Trailblazer appealing, so without even reading the rules or finding out about the prices I just decided to go for it – this is going to be the challenge I am taking part in.

The beginning:

The first thing of taking on this challenge is obviously downloading the provided pack of stems. After that, I do listen to the stems in separate. I am lucky enough to not know the original track at this point in time, so I am kind of unbiased right now. Which I think is a big advantage for creating something new with it.
Since in this challenge it is about creating a remix exposing the “signature sound” of every producer, I am going to attach high importance to the feelings I get when listening to the stems. What do I like, what do I not like, what would I have done differently, etc. I am writing notes while doing so, so that I do not forget which files I need to go through again.
After having listened to the stems I will either start creating and writing straight away, or let that sink in for a few days and start right off as soon as I get an idea.
As the deadline of this challenge is 23rd March 2018, I still have a few days to go then.

 
 
Disclaimer: I have been writing this post before listening to the stems. Now that it’s published I threw myself into the situation that I will actually take part in this challenge. - I like to be challenged. I will keep you up to speed with the writing process and progress, as soon as there is something I can actually write about on this blog. The next post in regards to #Trailblazer will probably be in regards to what I felt while listening to the stems, the questions I had and what challenges I faced while writing music to it.
Stay tuned for updates on this and subscribe to my blog and on my social media channels!

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts