#KineticToys - MetaPop Submission


#KineticToys - MetaPop Submission
So, one pretty amazing thing about being in Berlin is, that no matter what you are interested in, you are basically living in a melting pot of creativity. Last year in September one of my friends recommed the website meetup.com and was very enthusiastic about it. He said "No matter your interest, you will find fellow people!" Simply put: I did.

The community that I found through this website is "Strength in Numbers" - I highly recommend that you check this out and attend events with them! There are two series of events running with Strength in Numbers: Beats & Chill and Deliberate Beats.
So last Tuesday, it was Deliberate Beats - to put it in a nutshell:
You listen to music - you get a challenge - you start working on that challenge with other audio producers and artists together. Last Tuesday's challenge was #KineticToys from MetaPop - a challenge where you would download a pack of 30 samples, and then compose, arrange and produce a song in any genre you like but you need to incorporate at least 5 of the 30 samples.

Here's the samples I used with descriptions:
  • Vintage_Gyroscope_Toy // used this as a spooky pad.
  • Boomwhack_Tube // detuned to make it sound like a subbass.
  • Magic_Music_Box_C4 // Part of the two-note melody, pitched down to G#
  • Wooden_Marble_Run_C3 // Part of the two-note melody, pitched down to G
  • Locomotion // used this noise as it is during the chill part.
  • Forging_Photon_Saber // the photon saber was great to spicen up the wobbles in the drop.
  • Robotics_Malfunction // this noise was perfect for adding more chaos in the 2nd half of the drop.
...they said "any genre" right? I am not quite certain whether I'd name that "electronic metal", "core-dubstep" or whatsoever.

This track is just the outcome of what went through my mind when I had a listen to the samples. And I am pretty content with it! It encouraged me to start fooling around with a few things. I had loads of fun creating this and this challenge was truly a great inspiration.

Did you like this track? Let me know and keep me posted!

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts